McMunn & Yates is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner.
- McMunn & Yates is committed to ensuring equal access and participation for people with disabilities. We are committed to treating people with disabilities in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner. We will do so by removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and meeting our accessibility requirements under; the Accessibility for Manitoban’s Act, the Accessibility Standard for Customer Service, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Manitoba’s and Ontario’s accessibility laws.
- We are committed to training staff and volunteers in Manitoba’s and Ontario’s accessibility laws and aspects of the Human Rights Code that relate to persons with disabilities.
- We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. When asked, we will provide information about our organization and its services, including public safety information, in accessible formats or with communication supports.
- We will notify employees, potential hires and the public that accommodations can be made during recruitment and hiring. We will notify staff that supports are available for those with disabilities. We will put in place a process to develop individual accommodation plans for employees. Where needed, we will also provide customized emergency information to help an employee with a disability during an emergency. Our performance management, career development and redeployment processes will take into account the accessibility needs of all employees.
- We will modify or remove an existing policy that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.
Recognizing Current Processes and Initiatives
- McMunn & Yates has an interactive website with online shopping platforms, which meshes well with current accessibility settings for Windows based applications in Microsoft Edge.
- The website also contains contact information for all the retail locations, as well as a customer care email to provide a variety of communication options.
- The website also has a customer care survey in which a person could provide feedback regarding any customer service related issues or concerns. Feedback is also available through all our social media platforms, which are monitored on a nearly hourly basis.
- Requests for alternate formats for flyers and marketing materials can be made through the customer care email.
- Mobile Device online shopping is available for our customers, which also accommodates accessibility settings on mobile device internet browsers.
- Any issues with online shopping, via PC or mobile device, will be directed to the support phone number, which is answered by a dedicated sales associate, who can then also make any accommodations that may be necessary for an order.
- Delivery services can be arranged for customers who cannot leave their home. Discussion with sales staff at time of purchase, especially around potential hazards to both staff and customer, as well as specific accommodations being made. Not all accommodation can be made to protect the health and safety of our delivery staff.
- Personal shopping appointments for persons with disabilities can be arranged with a specific location either through a phone call to the store in question, or through the customer care email.
Moving Forward with Dignity
- Through consultation with our Health and Safety Committees or Representatives at each location. We will continue to identify and address potential barriers to persons with disabilities.
- Accessibility plans will be made for each location through this consultation. Common themes from these plans will be reviewed by the Health and Safety and Human Resource Departments for allocation of required resources, whether that be training, policy adjustments or physical changes.
- Customer feedback will also be reviewed by the Health and Safety and Human Resource Departments in the same manner as the plans.
- This Policy will be reviewed every 3 years, or earlier if changes are required as the result of public and private consultation.
For more information: